Fifth Wheel Truck Stop Grimsby
The Fifth Wheel Truck Stop, located in Grimsby, was part of a chain of restaurants throughout Canada and had been in business for 27 years. The Fifth Wheel truck stop also provided gasoline and offered motel service in the basement.
Approximately 25 staff worked at the Fifth wheel in earlier years, and towards the 1980’s approximately 100 staff were employed. September 20, 2015 was the last day of operations at the truck stop. At 3 PM the doors closed never to reopen.
Losani Homes purchased the land and plans to build residential and commercial properties. Today there is nothing left of the original truck stop.
- Mulmur HouseIn Abandoned HousesDecember 1, 2021
- Classic Stone House (Guelph)In Abandoned HousesDecember 1, 2021
- 1950’s ChurchIn ChurchesSeptember 23, 2021
- Arne’s Farm House in Aurora, OntarioIn Time CapsuleSeptember 5, 2021
- 15th Line in Woodstock, OntarioIn Abandoned HousesSeptember 5, 2021
- Serious Case of Mold HouseIn Abandoned HousesAugust 12, 2021
- General Motors Plant – St. CatharinesIn Industrial LocationsAugust 12, 2021