The site of the Salvation Army Citadel in Brantford was used for ice skating until 1954. At that time the Salvation Army built their church with a corner stone dated March 27, 1954.
The building was used by the Brantford Academy of Arts as a dance recital hall for children during the building’s final days. The building was demolished to make way for condominiums beginning at $280,000. A few houses behind the building are also being demolished.